ITEM WILL SHIP WITHIN 1-2 BUSINESS DAYS
Courage is a heart word. Be Brave. Love Hard.
- American Apparel Unisex in Heather Lieutenant
- 50% polyester/50% combed ring-spun cotton
- Left sleeve contains a small printed heart because we believe it's badass to "Wear your heart on your sleeve™"
- Baby rib cotton stretchable collar
- Reinforced shoulder construction
- Double-needle bottom hem
The inspiration for this shirt comes from Brené’s book, The Gifts of Imperfection.
Here's the full quote:
The root of the word courage is cor—the Latin word for heart. In one of its earliest forms, the word courage had a very different definition than it does today. Courage originally meant “To speak one’s mind by telling all one’s heart.” Over time, this definition has changed, and, today, courage is more synonymous with being heroic. Heroics is important and we certainly need heroes, but I think we’ve lost touch with the idea that speaking honestly and openly about who we are, about what we’re feeling, and about our experiences (good and bad) is the definition of courage. Heroics is often about putting our life on the line. Ordinary courage is about putting our vulnerability on the line. In today’s world, that’s pretty extraordinary.